EY Startup Academy
How far can you go?
Aim high, accelerate fast and make your vision come true.
Grow with the EY Startup Academy!
Digitalisation is unstoppable and brings along new challenges as well as new opportunities. Parallel to these changes, digital transformation has forcefully started to impact all sectors. Technological innovation has become a major force of change by completely infiltrating private and entrepreneurial realities via online channels, smartphones and the internet of things. We need new solutions and products which have not been asked for or had so far not been imaginable.
EY is dedicated to supporting progress in line with our slogan Building a better working world. In this context, the EY Startup Academy is another step for the development of entrepreneurial innovation by startups.
What is the EY Startup Academy?
- The EY Startup Academy is a 6-week program in which selected startups are given the unique opportunity to improve their business models and its main components through structured help and advice from EY experts. The program runs from mid of September until mid of November 2021. It is free of charge.
- The program is aimed at Tech or FinTech startups that have completed the Alpha phase, already have a minimum viable product or a proof of concept and are seeking funding within the next 12 months.
- The EY Startup Academy consists of a series of workshops and training events offered by EY. In addition, there are fireside chats with investors and selected corporates as well as founders’ chats with successful founders to exchange experiences. In total, the Academy consists of more than 30 events.
- EY organizes the Startup Academy together with Austrian Angels Investors Association, BERLIN-CHEMIE AG, BlackWood Capital Partners, Bundesverband Deutsche Startups, Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain, C3 Management, Campus Founders, Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures, Dieter von Holtzbrink Ventures (DvH Ventures), HIGHEST, High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF), IBM, seed + speed Ventures, SixThirty Ventures, Sparkassen Innovation Hub, TechQuartier, UPSTART and w&w brandpool. Our partners Austrian Angels Investors Association, BlackWood Capital Partners, Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain and HTGF support the Academy’s participants with their excellent networks and their expertise as investors. The Bundesverband Deutsche Startups provides the founders with its vast network and extensive knowledge with regards to launching startups and fueling innovative ideas. Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures and Sparkassen Innovation Hub support the founders with their specialist knowledge derived from their core business activities: the promotion of new business models focused on mobility, digital banking and and digital payment solutions respectively. BERLIN-CHEMIE AG rounds this off with its expertise in the healthcare sector. Campus Founders as center for entrepreneurship and innovation and HIGHEST as the TU Darmstadt’s Deep Tech incubator offer a bridge to education and science. IBM as one of the largest providers of information technology, which has been defining the industry’s future with its research since decades, supports the participants of the EY Startup Academy its know-how and its network within the industry. This is complemented by C3 Management with its focus on blockchain technology companies, Dieter von Holtzbrink Ventures (DvH Ventures) as one of the largest European early-stage investors, seed + speed Ventures as an early-stage investor for B2B and B2C startups and Six-Thirty Ventures with its extensive experience as an investor in FinTech, InsurTech and Cybersecurity. UPSTART as full-service innovation company enables startups to access the next level of growth and w&w brandpool enriches the program with its extensive expertise as late-stage corporate venture capital fund. Moreover, TechQuartier supports the EY Startup Academy by providing two free workstations on their premises for the duration of the Academy.
- The EY Startup Academy is an expression of our commitment to support the startup ecosystem and founders in their journey “from idea to exit”. With the program, EY and its partners support startups in overcoming difficulties in questions related to tax, audit and financing / assessment. We question their business plan, scalability of organization and IT as well as legal and regulatory frameworks from an investors’ perspective so that they can achieve investor readiness as quickly as possible. We thus contribute to the sustainable growth of the eco-system for startups in Europe – our interpretation of Building a better working world.
What is the added value for you as a participant of the EY Startup Academy?
- Long-term, free support by EY in strategic and operational issues – also in later stages of corporate development
- Access to the EY ecosystem for startups: Academy Alumni Club, Entrepreneur of the Year, access to global and regional EY events
- Concentrated knowledge transfer in areas that are of central importance for startups
- Numerous opportunities for networking with investors, corporates, successful founders and other startups
- Free access to the TechQuartier with two workstations each for the duration of the program
- Prize money of 10,000 Euro in total and the EY Startup Academy Award which can be used for advertising
- Stage to raise your popularity
Best-Of-Videos and review
Meet Christopher Schmitz, Partner at EY and Curator of the EY Startup Academy, and Dr. Francesco Pisani, Manager at EY and Program Manager, and get to know everything you need to know about the EY Startup Academy. See more in the video.
If you want to take a glance behind the scenes of the EY Startup Academies of the past years, you can get some impressions here.
Moreover, node.energy provides you with their personal experience of participating in the EY Startup Academy.
See more in the video of Matthias Karger!